Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines that apply to businesses and other employers during the second quarter of 2022. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- If you’re a calendar-year corporation, file a 2021 income tax return (Form 1120) or file for an automatic six-month extension (Form 7004) and pay any tax due.
- Corporations pay the first installment of 2022 estimated income taxes.
- For individuals, file a 2021 income tax return (Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR) or file for an automatic six-month extension (Form 4868) and paying any tax due. (See June 15 for an exception for certain taxpayers.)
- For individuals, pay the first installment of 2022 estimated taxes, if you don’t pay income tax through withholding (Form 1040-ES).
- Employers report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the first quarter of 2022 (Form 941) and pay any tax due.
- Employers report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the first quarter of 2022 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and fully paid all of the associated taxes due.
- Corporations pay the second installment of 2022 estimated income taxes.
Contact us to discuss these dates and any concerns you may have.
The information contained within this blog and website are provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute obtaining accounting, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant. Please consult a professional regarding your specific situations. Contact our team for more information.